Dental restorations — like the patients that need them — come in all shapes and sizes. Recently our founder Angelo Bonafiglia blogged about what can still be accomplished with traditional dentures, and BonaDent remains a great resource for life-like, esthetic removables. But what about those full-mouth restoration patients who think it over and decide they want something a little more permanent? Well, I’d like to introduce you to our PreciZion Bridge.
BonaDent’s PreciZion Zirconia Restorations are the perfect solution for a case that requires screw-retained accessibility while also providing superior functionality, durability, and esthetics. Through the use of sophisticated CAD/CAM technology, PreciZion offers the incredible strength of a monolithic zirconia ceramic, along with titanium implant components that eliminate potential for fretting of the hex. We further enhance the life-like esthetics thanks to our proprietary multi shade process that infuses the zirconia with color prior to sintering.
So what do you need to do in office to prescribe a successful PreciZion restoration?
- For full arch cases, you will need 12-mm of vertical space for each arch in the posterior to accommodate proper strength connections. This is critical for cantilever cases. We can likely do non-cantilever cases in 8-mm to 10-mm. You will need at least 24-mm for a maxillary and mandibular combination. (Note: To facilitate seating of the 2-CONnect abutment and related bridge work, it is recommended to place 6-mm diameter healing abutments.)
- You will also need properly positioned implants. This includes no more than 30 degrees of divergence for any implant with a bridge.
- Provide a conventional implant impression using the correct transfer copings as well as an opposing model.
- At BonaDent, we have a list of specific compatible implants. The full library can be found here.
- If you are providing a wax-up or study guide (which we highly recommend), it must seat on the articulated model, and be removable from that model, similar to a denture set-up. For mandibular cases, a study cast of existing tooth set-up can be utilized.
- Finally, provide us with a centric bite registration.
Once your case is received, we will create the design and send a PreciZion verification bridge milled from PMMA material. This verification bridge will be our blueprint — we won’t fabricate a final zirconia restoration without it.
Once the verification bridge has been tried in and later approved, we mill the final restoration from solid zirconia. Then, our ceramic artists create naturally beautiful esthetics using our aforementioned proprietary multi shade process prior to sintering. We wrap everything up in the lab by staining and glazing, and adding pink porcelain to replicate gum tissue. (Image B – left to right)
Finally it’s back to you in the office for insertion, and the delivery of a satisfied patient with a new smile to be proud of. (Image C)
Keep in mind, this process isn’t just for full-arch cases. PreciZion screw-retained zirconia can also be utilized for single units, small and large span bridges, and comes with a five-year guarantee against breakage. So if you’re looking to simplify even your most complex cases and deliver your full-mouth restoration patients the ultimate in long-term comfort and satisfaction, consider prescribing BonaDent’s PreciZion Bridge.
Have questions for Heather about how to deliver your patients the best solution with our PreciZion Bridge? Send her an e-mail at email@example.com.
To learn more, visit our website at www.bonadent.com.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BonaDent
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bonadent